The Advantages of Lighted Bathroom Mirrors
Mirrors of all shapes and sizes, whether framed or frameless, are a fantastic home decor inclusion. Mirrors have long been used in interior design to add depth and character to a room while increasing both light and the sense of space.
There is no more important room in which to have a mirror than the bathroom. Quite simply, a bathroom without a mirror feels incomplete. Whilst a bathroom mirror is essential for practical purposes, carefully selecting the type of mirror for your bathroom can also have a beneficial effect on its design.
Mirrors of all shapes and sizes have the ability to enhance the space and light of a bathroom, though no mirror exudes luxury and provides the perfect reflection quite like a lighted bathroom mirror. Lighted bathroom mirrors are not all that new. Hollywood mirrors have been around for decades and have lit bathrooms and dressing rooms with their individual lightbulbs to create the ideal reflection for makeup application. This style of mirror can still be purchased today with LED light bulbs for those who desire a retro look.
Today’s lighted mirrors have not only improved their ambient technology providing a better light for makeup application, tweezing and shaving, their design impact in the bathroom has greatly improved. Lighted mirrors come in both round and rectangular options, in a variety of sizes with framed options and frameless; where the light itself becomes the frame. These mirrors are an elegant touch for the bathroom yet their LED technology is extremely energy efficient saving $$$$ on your electricity bill and avoid having to install above mirror lighting to prevent shadows falling on the face.
There are a variety of types available, the most popular being; LED frameless with the lighting in front of the mirror on the edge, lighting on the front of the mirror but an inch to two inside the edge creating a frame for the inside of the mirror, and backlit mirrors.
Backlit LED lighted mirrors, as the name suggests, have the lights behind the mirror itself as opposed to in front. These mirrors create a stunning feature in the bathroom as the light not only projects forward but also out to its perimeters throwing a feature light on the adjacent walls and ceiling. Backlit mirrors are often a preference for makeup application as the light provides a more true colour reflection.
There are numerous advantages of bathroom lighted mirrors:
– Energy efficiency. LED = lower energy bills with an efficacy of over 50,000 hours.
– Quality lighting that provides the perfect illumination with no shadows which is ideal for makeup application and shaving. Most LED lighted mirrors come with a variety of colour temperatures with cooler and warmer lighting options.
– They avoid the need for above mirror bathroom lighting to prevent shadows falling on the face in the bathroom.
– Most quality bathroom lighted mirrors come with anti-fog properties allowing immediate use of the bathroom mirror after showering.
– An ambient light that is perfect to create a calming atmosphere for relaxing in a long hot bath or shower.
– A stunning design feature for the bathroom that exudes luxury and enhances aesthetics of the entire room.
Whatever lighted mirror you choose, you can guarantee it will create a stunning effect in your bathroom.
Master Bathrooms & Kitchens is a bathroom and kitchen renovation company that has been renovating homes beautiful since 1995. We are family owned and operated and offer advice and expertise that only comes from years of experience. Be sure to peruse our website for more renovation inspiration or simply call us on (02)9899-9330 to discuss your renovation and organise a quotation today!
Watch our video below of just some of our beautiful bathrooms and kitchens.